Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Christmas Cards ~ Ya or Nay

I just received my very first Christmas Card in the mail this afternoon ~ I cannot explain how it warmed my heart to open up the mailbox and see the hand written address from one of my old friends and the anticipation to rip it open and see what she'd sent me - hand made or store bought doesn't matter to me I love and cherish them all. With our busy lives and no longer living in the same city we do not get together in person nearly often enough, which is likely why getting a hand written card with a 'catch up note' is so very dear to me! 

I just LOVE getting greeting cards in the mail, I know I am bias because I also love making hand stamped cards, however the tradition of 'snail mail' cards seems to be going the way of the dodo bird as each year I seem to get 'less and less' sent out to me and admittedly with the cost of stamps in Canada right now my Christmas Card list has gone from sending over 300 cards during the holiday season to reach out to those in my life I do not see often enough but want them to know that they are often on my mind especially during the holidays to now being weaned down to basically 'reciprocity' based ~ if you sent me one last year I will make sure to send you one this year otherwise I will send you a 'virtual greeting' via social media and keep the snail mail card tradition for those who are still invested in it. 

So it got me to thinking what is the 'norm' out there in the world so thought I would put it out there and see just how many people actually still partake in the tradition of sending out the 'family Christmas card' to loved ones that you might not get to see over the holidays?  

Leave me a comment below on your thoughts on the Christmas Card .... love to get them and send them ? Love to get them but get busy this time of year and always forget to send them? Prefer to send virtual greetings?

Have an amazing day!

Margaret
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much!

No comments:

Post a Comment