Saturday, December 12, 2015

Grain Free Brownies

I had a pot luck Holiday party with my amazing home childcare provider friends this weekend cause when you are self employed you need to organize your own staff Christmas party with your peeps so you do not miss out on the perks 'employed' people have this time of year! 

I have been working really hard at avoiding having 'sweets' in the house with my weight loss journey cause I do not want to fall off the will power wagon but it had been a long week and I had a nasty tummy bug last week so I wanted to celebrate feeling well enough to eat so I decided to bake up some brownies ~ so I made some for the potluck with the perfect petites pan from Epicure cause they are the perfect size for a potluck and than a batch of Stockings for the home baking tray to have on hand when entertaining this season! 

Grain Free Brownies
Serves about 18
 
What You Need
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour or 1/4 cup coconut and almond flour mix 
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder~ love my Epicure brand such great flavor!
  • 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs. butter, melted
  • 3 eggs, at room temperature (egg substitutes will not work unless you like hockey puck brownies)
  • 3/4 cup of raw honey
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract

What You Do
  • Preheat the oven to 300 and if needed grease your baking dish. I love the perfect petite baker because everyone gets the 'crispy edges' and same with the stocking molds! 
  • Mix together all ingredients either by hand or use a electric mixer if desired.
  • Pour into the your dish and bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 30 minutes before cutting or removing from the pan.
  • These store well in an air tight container either at room temperature or in the fridge for a few days ~ if they hang around that long! I also pop into the freezer so can pull out as needed. 
 Nutritional Breakdown

These are definitely a TREAT because they pack a lot of ooey gooey goodness in a small brownie but they are a lovely treat!


Have an amazing day!

Margaret
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
Be Totallyawake4-life

No comments:

Post a Comment