What You Need
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup BBQ sauce, either store bought or quick DIY version below pairs nicely!
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar
- ⅛ cup lemon juice, fresh or from a bottle
- 5 small apples, peeled and chopped, I love the tartness of a Granny for cooking but Gala works well too.
- 8 slices bacon
- In a small bowl, combine BBQ sauce, coconut palm sugar, lemon juice and peeled/chopped apples.
- Wrap each chicken breast with two slices of bacon and place in a greased slow cooker.
- Pour BBQ-apple mixture over chicken and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is done.
Maple BBQ sauce
What You Need:
- 1 cup ketchup (homemade ketchup using Epicure Chai Ketchup blend)
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1.5 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2. Simmer for 20minutes (uncovered), stirring occasionally.
3. Makes 1.5 cups of sauce. Pour and unused sauce into a glass jar and refrigerate for future use with a lovely BBQ hamburger option.
Serve with a side of your choice ... I opted for a lovely spinach and cabbage salad with a Balsamic vinaigrette ... perfect dinner specially this past weekend with the wet weather we were having making using BBQ outside less palatable!
Have an amazing day!
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much